Workflow for Education
How can workflow automation help educational organizations?
“Integrify let's us create automated workflows that work exactly the way we want them to.”
– Susan Beltz, Director of Applications Development and Support (Full Case Study)
In education, whether it’s a large university or a local school district, when it comes to managing workflows, accuracy and accountability are critical. Educational institutions deal with a tremendous amount of paperwork and regulations that must be managed daily. By automating the workflow around things like hiring, grant proposals, vendor management, capital expenditure and expense requests, centralized approvals, operations requests, etc. paper and manual processes disappear, leaving a more efficient and productive organization in its place.
Educational institutions and organizations need a cost-effective solution that allows for both creation and re-use of customized, automated processes that can:
- Limit or completely replace manual and paper-based processes for personnel actions
- Centralize and streamline the review and approval process for requests
- Track and summarize requests that needed to route through multiple departments before approval
- Manage and vet school contractors to ensure compliance and provide proper approvals
- Meet compliance and regulatory requirements
- Improve the flow of approvals and documentation
- Improve internal audit controls
- Eliminate redundancies and consolidate internal services
- Standardize staff hiring and onboarding
Improve the Student Experience
With workflow automation, you can streamline workflow in critical, student-facing departments like Financial Aid, Admissions, Registration and Academic Records. For instance, are there ways your financial aid office could better communicate with your admissions office on scholarship availability or your payroll office on student work study funding?
By providing the back office with powerful automated processes and students with a customized portal to submit requests and information, schools can ensure that students get what they need and the workload on administration staff is reduced, especially around heavy admission seasons.
By replacing slow, manual processes with automated workflow you can move students through their processes faster, improving their experience and earning more revenue for the school.
Integrify is Highly Customizable and System Agnostic
Every educational institution maintains a portfolio of applications that help get things done: Accounting, CRM, MRM, ERP, etc. Each of these enterprise applications does what it does extremely well. However, there is always work that needs to get done across multiple departments and/or systems. There are internal processes that are platform agnostic and, instead, look at the organization itself as the platform.
Implementing a workflow automation system that can talk to these existing applications and pass information between them ensures that processes aren’t stymied by chokepoints between systems. Integrify can be the “glue” that holds your disparate systems together.
How Integrify's Workflow Automation Works
What can educational institutions automate with Integrify? Here is a small list of examples:
- Grant proposal processes
- Payment/Financial disbursement requests
- Faculty travel requests
- Transcript requests
- Internship applications
- Class schedule approvals
- Student registration
- Financial aid requests
- Budget request approvals
- Staff and faculty onboarding
- Recruiting authorizations
- Curriculum peer reviews
- Vendor approvals