Workflow for Higher Education
How can workflow automation help higher education administration?
“For all the users on this campus, even those initially resistant to change, they can now see where their request is, rather than just think it’s a piece of paper laying on someone’s desk somewhere.”
– Pete Able, Manager of HR and Financial Systems at Baylor University (Full Case Study)
More and more universities are digitally transforming with automated workflow tools.
It's Time to Automate Your University's Workflow
In higher ed, when it comes to managing workflows, accuracy, accountability, and user experience are critical. Educational institutions deal with a tremendous amount of paperwork and requests that must be managed daily. By automating the workflow around things like hiring, grant proposals, vendor management, capital, and operational expenditures, managing approvals, operations requests, etc. paper, and manual processes disappear, leaving behind a more efficient and productive organization in its place.
Higher Education needs a cost-effective solution that allows for both creation and re-use of customized, automated processes that can:
- Eliminate redundancies and consolidate student and staff services into a single portal
- Provide a better student self-service experience
- Limit or completely replace manual and paper-based processes for student and staff
- Centralize and streamline the review and approval process for requests
- Track and summarize requests that needed to route through multiple departments before approval
- Meet compliance and regulatory requirements and improve internal audit controls
Improve the Student Experience
With workflow automation, you can streamline workflow for critical, student-facing departments like Financial Aid, Admissions, Registration, and Academic Records. For instance, are there ways your financial aid office could better communicate with your admissions office on scholarship availability or your payroll office on student work-study funding?
Students today expect their interactions with the university to be on a par with their favorite online tools for social media, eCommerce, and research. Are you providing these kinds of experiences currently?
- Provide your students with a centralized, user-friendly portal to submit requests and provide information.
- Replace slow, manual processes with automated workflows you can move students through their processes faster, improving their onboarding experience.
- Provide smart, dynamic forms that work just as well on students' phones and tablets as they do on a full-size monitor.
- Integrate captured student data with existing university systems to reduce data entry and re-entry.
Improve the Administrative Experience
University administration and support staff spend too much time dealing with manual processes like paper, emails, spreadsheets, and disconnected systems.
Today, innovative universities are replacing all these manual processes with smarter, automated tools that give administrative teams better results in less time.
Workflow automation reduces clicks, phone calls, emails, and data entry.
- Instead of a long email thread, click on an "Approve" button.
- Instead of lengthy back and forth with team members, assign work to the appropriate person based on university rules or dynamic data.
- Instead of manual data entry errors, move data automatically between systems with workflow integration.
Watch Our 2-Minute Demo
Integrify is Highly Customizable and System Agnostic
Every higher education institution maintains a portfolio of applications for managing diverse and critical information. This portfolio may include solutions for Accounting, CRM, MRM, SIS, ERP, etc. While these applications can all perform admirably on their own, there is always work and information that needs to pass among multiple departments and/or systems. There are internal processes that are platform agnostic and, instead, look at the university itself as the platform.
Implementing a workflow automation system that can talk to these existing applications and pass information between them ensures that bottlenecks between enterprise systems don’t stymie processes. Integrify can be the “glue” that holds your disparate systems together.
Use Case Example: Education Assistance Requests
Using this process, students can request tuition assistance from the university. The process includes approvals, mentor selection, a tuition form, and a sub-process for the Bursar's office.
What can educational institutions automate with Integrify? Here is a small list of examples:
- Budget request approvals
- Class schedule approvals
- Curriculum peer reviews
- Faculty travel requests
- Financial aid requests
- Grant proposal processes
- Internship applications
- Payment/Financial disbursement requests
- Recruiting authorizations
- Staff and faculty onboarding
- Student registration
- Transcript requests
- Vendor approvals
Ready to Automate Your University's Workflow?
We have a variety of resources to help you on your journey to an automated workflow.